If you’re struggling to squeeze all of your laundry needs into a small bathroom laundry room combo space, the good news is that with some creativity and rearranging it’s often possible to make the most out of these limited areas. Not only can an effectively organized and designed small area provide sufficient storage for all of your machines, detergents, and other supplies―but if done right, it can also be full of style as well! In this blog post, we’ll take a look at how you can make efficient use of every inch in even the tiniest laundry rooms while optimizing its aesthetic potential as well. Here are our top tips on how to bring life—and plenty of useful functionality—into any size bathroom-laundry combination.
Utilize Wall Space: Maximizing Space in a Small Laundry Bathroom Combo
If you have a small laundry bathroom combo, it’s essential to be smart about how you use the available space. By utilizing the walls, you can create storage and keep the floor area open and clutter-free. Here are some ideas to make the most of your limited space.
Installing Shelves and Cupboards
One effective way to maximize space in a small laundry bathroom combo is by installing shelves and cupboards. This allows you to take advantage of vertical space and create additional storage without taking up valuable floor space.
- Choose shelves and cupboards that fit your specific storage needs, such as shallow or deep, wide or narrow.
- Install them at different heights to accommodate different-sized items.
- Consider adding doors to cupboards to hide the contents and create a cleaner look.
Hanging Baskets or Bins
Another strategy for maximizing space in a small laundry bathroom combo is to hang baskets or bins on lower shelves. This is an ideal solution for storing small items like detergents, fabric softeners, and cleaning supplies. Here are some tips for hanging baskets or bins:
- Choose baskets or bins that are the right size for your needs and fit the available shelf space.
- Label the baskets or bins to make it easy to find what you need.
- Use hooks or hangers that can support the weight of the baskets or bins.
Storing Linens and Clothing
In a small laundry bathroom combo, storing linens and clothing can be a challenge. However, by utilizing wall space, you can create additional storage for these items.
- Use upper shelves to store extra linens and out-of-season clothes.
- Consider installing a rod or hooks to hang clothing items like towels or bathrobes.
- Use space-saving hangers or folding techniques to make the most of limited closet space.
Invest in a Stacking Washer and Dryer
One of the best ways to optimize your laundry bathroom combo is by investing in a stacking washer and dryer. These units are designed to take up less floor space than their side-by-side counterparts, making them an excellent choice for small bathrooms. Many stacking units can even be mounted to the wall, further freeing up precious real estate in the room.
When choosing a stacking washer and dryer unit, it’s important to consider the size and dimensions of your bathroom. Be sure to measure the space where you plan to install the machines, taking into account any plumbing or electrical requirements. Take into consideration the load capacity of the machines, as this will impact how much laundry you can wash and dry at once.
Another benefit of a stacking washer and dryer is their energy efficiency. Many modern units are designed to save water and energy, helping to reduce your carbon footprint and lower your utility bills. These machines often come with a variety of features that make laundry day easier, such as multiple wash and dry cycles, delay start options, and customizable settings.
Of course, when it comes to a laundry bathroom combo, functionality is only half the battle. You’ll also want to choose appliances that match your personal style and decor. That being said, you are in luck because there is a variety of stacking washer and dryer units available in a range of styles and finishes, from sleek and modern to more traditional designs.
Incorporate a Folding Table
An extra table or countertop that can be utilized as an area for sorting and folding clothes is essential in any laundry room. Depending on how much space you have available, select a table that can either be permanently installed or folded up and stored away when not in use.
Benefits of a Folding Table in Your Laundry Room
- A designated space for sorting, folding, and organizing laundry
- A multi-functional surface that can be used for other tasks, such as ironing or sewing
- A space-saving solution that can be folded up and stored away when not in use
- A stylish addition to your laundry room decor, with a variety of options available to match your personal style
Choosing the Right Folding Table
Here are a few of the key things to take into consideration:
- The size and layout of your laundry room, as well as any existing storage or shelving units
- Your laundry needs, such as the amount of laundry you typically sort and fold at one time
- Your personal style and preferences, including the color and finish of the table
- Whether you want a table that is permanently installed or one that can be easily folded up and stored away
Installing a Permanent Folding Table
If you have a larger laundry room or ample wall space, a permanent folding table may be the best option for you. Here are some tips for installing a permanent folding table:
- Choose a sturdy table that can withstand the weight of your laundry and any additional items you may place on it.
- Install the table at a height that is comfortable for you to work on, typically between 36-42 inches.
- Consider adding additional storage options, such as shelves or cabinets, to maximize the functionality of the space.
- Ensure that there is enough room around the table to move freely and access other areas of the room.
Add Some Style
Just because your laundry room is small doesn’t mean it has to look boring! Why not start by adding some eye-catching wallpaper? Whether you opt for a vibrant floral print or a playful geometric pattern, a statement wallpaper can instantly transform your laundry room into a fun and inviting space. Pair it with some brightly colored lighting fixtures or a colorful rug to really make the room pop!
Another great way to add some personality to your laundry room is by incorporating some fun accents. Try displaying your laundry detergent and fabric softener in colorful containers on your shelves, or add some playful knobs to your cupboards. You can even hang some artwork or mirrors to create the illusion of a bigger space and give your laundry room a personal touch.
So the next time you face a small bathroom laundry room combo space, remember the tips from this blog post. Be intentional and make sure all of your priorities are included in order to get the most out of your space. From built-in storage options to tie it in with your overall home look, there are plenty of ways to approach the design of a small bathroom laundry room combo. After reading this blog post, we hope you’re better prepared to make the most out of this type of unique project. If you’d like more guidance, Coastal Closets and Showers can provide superior remodeling services that will make every square inch count!