In this article we will tell you does home depot take apple pay, what are other alternatives for paying, and much more. A lot of people are asking whether home depot accepts apple pay or not because apple pay has become one of the widely used payment methods all across the world. Unfortunately, the answer is no, because home depot currently does not accept payments through apply pay.
Home depot started accepting payments through pay pal in 2012 and since then it has rejected its services with apple pay which is bad news for the users of apple pay. One reason for home depot not taking apple pay is the competition of pay pal with apple pay. If home depot takes apple pay payments it will have to cut ties with pay pal which seems unlikely in the coming future but if anything comes out we will update you immediately.
How to make contactless payments at home depot:
Apart from apple pay, there are still many contactless payment options. The good news is that as Home Depot does not accept Apple Pay there are still many valid payment methods for contactless payment of bills. The major alternative to apple pay in the case of home depot is PayPal which allows for contactless payments at Home Depot.
Initially but in 2017 home depot collaborated with pay pal for billing services. To complete your transaction at any store or home depot, you can use the PayPal digital wallet. To pay at Home Depot using the contactless method you need to follow the following steps:
- Download the PayPal application on your mobile phone
- Get registered on PayPal by making your account.
- The next step is to choose your “In Store.”
- Find Home Depot in the list.
- To complete the process of transaction follow the recommendation of steps on your screen.
- Another way is by scanning a QR code which is much easier.
Other Payment Methods of Home Depot:
Although home depot does not accept apple pay still there are various methods available for billing at home depot. These services are both digital and manual depending on the payment method. If we talk about the contactless payment method then PayPal is the best choice otherwise cheques and cash payments are also available.
In this section, we will tell you some payment methods of home depot other than apple pay. The methods are given below:
- In this category lie the individual or business cheques. You need to keep in mind that you will have to provide your original ID for availing of this kind of payment method.
Credit or Debit cards:
- Options for contact payments are also available at Home Depot stores by using your credit or debit cards. These cards can be of many types like Visa cards, American Express, MasterCard, and other credit cards.
Why home depot doesn’t take apple pay
Home Depot no longer accepts Apple Pay as a result of its cooperation with PayPal. To comply with the agreement with PayPal, home depot encourages its clients and customers to pay bills through PayPal as they are in collaboration with Paypal and not apple pay.
It is ambiguous till now whether Home Depot will start taking apple pay payments in the future or not but if we get any news about their agreement we will update you immediately. Currently, there is no news about the collaboration of apple pay with but in the future, if we get any news we will inform you immediately.
Alternatives of home depot that accept apple pay:
There is a wide range of companies that accept apple pay. So, if you are an apple pay user and are willing to purchase only through apple pay then the following companies are recommended for you.
- Best Buy
- Ace Hardware
- Bed Bath & Beyond
Will home depot take apple pay?
Currently, Home Depot is only accepting contactless payments through PayPal and has no plans to collaborate with apple pay. Till now you can pay your bills through cheques, cards (either credit or debit), other master and visa cards, and some other methods. Moreover, we recommend you use Home Depot’s website or application for opting for contactless payments.
How to pay at home depot using iPhone?
Fortunately, you can pay at home depot through your iPhones. At the stores of Home Depot, you can make purchases with your iPhone by downloading the PayPal app. Here are the steps to know for using your iPhone to pay at Home Depot.
- Open the PayPal application on your iPhone.
- For payment scan or Pay by clicking.
- Then go for the next step by clicking on Next.
- Select from the list your PayPal method.
- To complete the transaction click on save and continue.